6 tips to help you write awesome video ads
Writing a good video ad is no easy job. With an ever growing list of video marketers struggling to capture consumer’s attention, it’s likely that the consumer might sweep our message under the rug. So we need to run a tight ship when planning and producing video ads.
These tips will help you answer the essential questions you should answer before going deep. The objectives you define here will serve as solid foundation to decisions you make later.
THE 6 QUESTION CHECKLIST FOR WRITING AWESOME VIDEO ADS
WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
BIRCH WHO IS YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE
|Daily commuters||Weekend travellers||Multiple vehicle owners|
THEIR LIFE BEFORE YOUR PRODUCT
BIRCH THEIR LIFE BEFORE YOUR PRODUCT
- Had to haggle with auto rickshaws daily
- Wait for public transport
- Low productivity in ofﬁce
- No peace of mind
THEIR LIFE WITH YOUR PRODUCT
BIRCH THEIR LIFE WITH YOUR PRODUCT
- Can book a rides in advance
- Monthly savings in transport expenditure
- Can work while on the way. Super productive.
- Woohoo!! life
HOW DOES YOUR PRODUCT WORK
BIRCH HOW DOES YOUR PRODUCT WORK
- Get it from the app store
- Link a payment method
- Pick a ride tier
- Book a driver
LIST DOWN 3 ADS YOU LIKE
BIRCH LIST DOWN 3 ADS YOU LIKE
- List down the elements you like in each ad
- How are they similar/complimentary to your service
- Can you replicate some of these emotions in your campaign?
FORMAT AND LENGTH
BIRCH FORMAT AND LENGTH
- You know the message you need to deliver, you have set benchmarks for storytelling. Now pick a format which best suits your budget and resources
- Live action under 2:00
- Or 2D Animated under 2:30
- Etc. etc.
THAT’S IT! FEELING READY?
– Vineet from Birch
Need help planning your video ads?
Just drop us a line and we will get right back